Friday, July 1, 2016

FancyFaces







July is here! Summertime! The flowers in my yard were blooming so I thought they made a great backdrop for my DT project this month at Altered Eclectics.
This month I chose to take inspiration from Finnabair to do this small canvas. I love her art and all of the things you can do in this style!! I hope this gives you inspiration to join us for this months challenge!



I started with a 5x7 canvas and covered in black gesso. I used paper scraps, texture and embossing pastes to create dimension. I added all of the baubles, flowers, and bits and coated again with black gesso (covered area stamped over white while gessoing in black) I then used various spray inks and pigment powders for the color!

Here are a few more pics of my process,,,



I would also like to enter my project in the following challenges for July...

3 comments:

  1. Another touchy feeling project and loving the fantastic metallic look you have created sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab canvas! Love all the texture and dimension, Jane :) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous canvas and thank you for joining us at Things to Alter

    ReplyDelete